Introduction to Safeguarding Adults at Risk (SAAR)
Ascend Learning Solutions
This Safeguarding Adults course provides staff in all roles within healthcare with an introduction to the key concepts and principles of safeguarding adults. The course uses several real-world scenarios, across a range of healthcare settings and roles, to stimulate discussion and reflection on how individual staff should consider safeguarding in their role.
Who should complete the course?
All staff, including non-clinical managers, working in health care settings.
To develop an overall awareness of Safeguarding Adults, the principles and policies, and appreciate the importance of following best practice.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Explore what your role in Safeguarding Adults is
- Recognise an adult potentially in need of safeguarding, and take action
- Be able to follow procedures for raising a safeguarding concern
- Appreciate the importance of dignity and respect when working with individuals
- Understand policy, procedures and legislation that supports safeguarding adults activity
Half day (3 hours)
Observation and group activities.Enquire Now