Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)
Highfield Awarding Organisation
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is designed to give people the knowledge and confidence to teach in the post-16 education sector. This could be as a trainer in the private training industry or as a teacher/ lecturer in further education.
This qualification replaces the old Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS course), certifying people to teach at a nationally accredited standard.
Who should complete the course?
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession
- Individuals currently working as assessors, who wish to achieve a qualification that introduces them to teaching
To provide delegates with the knowledge, skills and qualities required to become a successful teacher/ trainer.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Explore your roles and responsibilities as a teacher
- Plan your own sessions and explore the importance of providing an inclusive teaching environment
- Understand the 3 main types of assessment in teaching, and the role that ongoing assessment in teaching plays
The total qualification time for this qualification is 120 hours and of this, 48 hours are recommended as guided learning hours.
This qualification is assessed by a portfolio of evidence which must cover all assessment criteria of the units selected. The portfolio of evidence will be assessed and internally quality assured by the Centre.
Individuals achieving this qualification may wish to progress onto the Highfield Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF).Enquire Now