First Aid at Work – Level 3 (RQF)
Highfield Awarding Organisation
The objective of this qualification is to support delegates in becoming a first aider in the workplace.
Who should complete the course?
This qualification is designed for people who wish to become a first aider in the workplace, and meets the requirements for first aid provision in organisations which require staff to be trained to this level for their first aid needs assessment.
The aim of this course is to give delegates the knowledge and skills to be able to carry out the role of a first aider in the workplace.
At the end of this course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Know how to assess an incident
- Recognise signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- Understand CPR
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Assist a casualty who is suffering from major injury or illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis
3 days N.B. It is a mandatory requirement that delegates should be requalified every 3 years.
Practical observation – The practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment will involve delegates demonstrating practical first aid skills, in addition to Oral questioning – Delegates must provide a short response to set questions and complete a multiple-choice paper.Enquire Now