Introduction to Safeguarding Children
Ascend Learning Solutions
This basic level of training outlines the core principles of safeguarding good practice, responding to concerns and legislation. It is a useful precursor to more specialist training, introducing the responsibilities of those working with children.
Who should complete the course?
Any person who comes into contact with children e.g. children’s service providers, nurseries, and health and care providers will benefit from this awareness training.
To provide the delegate with the knowledge and skills to recognise and raise a concern.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Identify ‘what is child abuse and neglect?
- Recognise signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Discuss levels of normal child development
- Know how to maintain a child focus
- Know what to do in response to concerns
Half day (3 hours)
Observation and groupwork.Enquire Now