Introduction to Safeguarding Children for Coaches
Ascend Learning Solutions
Every child deserves to enjoy playing sport and engaging in physical activity safely.
This course will help coaches recognise poor practice and indicators that abuse may be occurring, while also prompting a review of your coaching practice to ensure that you provide a positive and enriching experience for all children.
Who should complete the course?
This is a fantastic course for all coaches, dance academy teachers or any youth group leaders.
To understand the pivotal role a coach can have to ensure a child’s safety in a group setting, give them the ability to recognise and raise a concern, and to learn how to work together with other providers.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Identify ‘what is child abuse and neglect’?
- Know the responsibilities of a coach in terms of safeguarding
- Recognise signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse
- Identify, respond to, and report concerns
- Understand signposting for further information and sources of support
Half day (3 hours)
Observation and groupwork.Enquire Now