Ascend Learning Solutions
Epilepsy is a common condition that affects the brain and causes frequent seizures. Seizures are bursts of electrical activity in the brain that temporarily affect how it works.
Who should complete the course?
This course is useful for any health or care professional who may encounter a person living with this condition.
To gain an awareness of epilepsy and strategies to support people with epilepsy.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Define relevant terminology
- Describe the main causes of epilepsy
- Describe the main types of epilepsy
- List common triggers of seizures
- Consider the risks and benefits of common anti-epileptic drugs
Half day (3 hours)
Observation and groupwork.Enquire Now