Infection Control for Care Staff
Ascend Learning Solutions
For people living in care homes, infections can be serious, and in some cases, life-threatening.
They can also make existing medical conditions worse. Regular contact with staff, other residents, family and friends and the shared living space all mean infection can easily be passed around. It is therefore vital to take the steps that can help prevent infection occurring.
Who should complete the course?
This is an essential course for any person who support or care for adults at risk of infection. These could be care staff, Social Workers, nurses, SEN and volunteers.
To consider best practice for the prevention and control of infection in the health and social care sector.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Describe the chain of infection
- List standard infection prevention and control precautions
- Demonstrate the correct technique for correct hand washing
- Discuss the procedures in the event of an outbreak
- Discuss the procedures for correct cleaning and decontamination
Half day (3 hours)
Observation, groups tasks and discussions.Enquire Now