Ascend Learning Solutions
Being person-centred is about focusing care on the needs of the individual; ensuring that people’s preferences, needs and values guide clinical decisions, and providing care that is respectful of and responsive to them.
Who should complete the course?
This course is applicable for workforces across such services and sectors as health, social care, local authorities and housing, and across different types of organisations e.g. public, private and not for profit.
To enable your team to put service users and their families at the centre of decisions and work together with all relevant people to deliver solutions.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Understand people’s values and put people at the centre of care
- Consider how to involve family and friends
- Describe how to provide emotional support
- Understand how to ensure continuity between services
- Describe how to ensure service users have access to appropriate care when they need it
- Explain how to take into account people’s preferences and expressed needs
- Describe how to make sure people are physically comfortable and safe
- List ways of ensuring effective communication, information and education
- Consider how to promote choice, respect and dignity
- Understand how person-centred support fits with CQC regulations
Observation, groupwork and activities.Enquire Now