Food Safety Awareness
Ascend Learning Solutions
An introduction to food safety for all sectors, covering risk factors and how to ensure safe and hygienic food for your customers.
Who should complete the course?
This course is ideal for anyone who handles food in any sector, e.g. waiters, care staff, people who are responsible for food serving and assisting in preparation.
To give an overview of the requirements for handling food safely in the workplace with the aim of reducing food hazards and promoting good quality and safe food.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of keeping themselves clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe
- Be able to discuss the process of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Half-day (3 hours)
Groupwork, participation and observation.Enquire Now