Positive Behaviour Support
Ascend Learning Solutions
The overall aim of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is to improve the quality of a person’s life and that of the people around them. This includes children, young people and adults as well as older people.
PBS provides the right support for a person, their family and friends to help people lead a meaningful life and learn new skills without unnecessary restrictions.
Who should complete the course?
This is ideal for all staff in the Elderly Mental Health and Learning Disability Sectors.
To introduce participants to the key concepts surrounding behaviours that challenge and increase their ability to work more confidently with people who display these behaviours.
By the end of the course, delegates will be have the skills to:
- Identify what Positive Behaviour Support is
- Discuss stereotypes surrounding behaviours that challenge
- Describe a range of underlying causes for behaviours that challenge, and the function of these for the individual
- Identify potential triggers for behaviours that challenge
- Describe the context and use of proactive and reactive strategies
- Discuss the cycle of emotional arousal and identify how it functions in the workplace
- Respond appropriately to incidents of behaviours that challenge
- Correctly complete a behaviour chart and develop a support plan
- Know their responsibilities in regards to PBS in the care setting
Observation, group work and discussion.Enquire Now