Prevention and Management of Falls
Ascend Learning Solutions
Health care professionals working with older people are required to effectively identify the risk of, prevent and manage falls. A health care practitioner must be able to critically evaluate current practices and fully appreciate both the assessment and therapeutic interventions available if competency and effective care is to be assured.
Who should complete the course?
This course is aimed at all health and social care professionals.
To provide the candidates with the essential knowledge required to prevent falls within the care environment, and to manage any fallen client appropriately.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Identify potential causes of falling, particularly in residential care
- Understand the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors
- Identify the implications of falling
- Produce an action plan following a fall
- Describe common prevention methods
Half day (3 hours)
Observation and group work.Enquire Now