Highfield Level 2 (RQF)
This is an introductory level course for anyone working in circumstances where they may find themselves in potential situations of conflict. The course addresses how to handle a difficult or aggressive person in a safe and legal manner, and how to guarantee your own safety and that of those around you.
Who should complete the course?
Anyone working with the general public.
Delegates will learn to recognise many aspects of conflict and to explore and understand different methods and techniques to effectively manage and resolve conflict situations.
By the end of the course delegates will have the skills to:
- Become more confident about dealing with violence and aggression
- Identify types of behaviour and the triggers for violent aggressive behaviour
- Discuss how current legislation regarding violence and aggression in the workplace can affect others
- Identify attitudes and behaviours that can contribute to the de-escalation process
- Realise that defusing and de-escalating situations are by far the best way of dealing with a potentially violent or aggressive situation