Working with Behaviours that Challenge Awareness
Ascend Learning Solutions
Working with behaviours that challenge is hard, both physically and emotionally. This course is designed to help you know how to prevent, recognise and calm situations down in a manner that requires the least amount of intervention. It will give you the confidence to know that you are working in a person-centred and proactive manner.
Who should complete the course?
This is a great course for healthcare, care staff and support workers in the Learning Difficulty, Mental Health or Elderly sectors, at all levels, and would also suit anyone who would like to learn how to de-escalate situations in these same sectors.
- To gain an awareness of the causes of behaviours that challenge
- Consider strategies to promote positive behaviour
- How to respond to incidents
By the end of the course, delegates will have the skills to:
- Explain why some behaviours may be seen as challenging
- Describe a range of underlying causes for behaviours that challenge, and the function of these for, the individual
- Identify potential triggers for behaviours that challenge
- Describe the context and use of proactive and reactive strategies
- Respond appropriately to incidents of behaviours that challenge
Half day (3.5 hours)
Observation, discussion and groupwork.Enquire Now